New service available for you – Limited places available per session!
After a successful trial in Weymouth, a new local service for people with Type 2 diabetes in West Dorset has been launched via your GP Surgery and is available to you.
Feedback has been fantastic and your healthcare team strongly recommend that you attend
29 out of 30 would recommend the session to friends and family
27 out of 30 people said the session increased their understanding of diabetes
EVERYONE said the session will help them achieve their goals/what matters to them
Advice for diabetes has changed over the years as we have learned more and more about the human body: Dietary advice is now different and there are more types of medication available. If you haven’t had an update recently, you could be missing out on information that will make it easier to live with diabetes and fit it around your lifestyle choices.
We are offering you an information update session called REFOCUS. It aims to be a useful update in a relaxed and informal environment. You will choose the topics that are important to you and you will be able to ask questions if you wish.
- You may join in as much or as little as you like, at the session. You will not be made to speak up or share information if you do not wish to. There will be up to 15 people in your group, all living with diabetes too.
- Due to Covid-19, the sessions are now online. You will need a computer, phone or tablet with a camera, microphone and speaker and you will need a good internet connection. If you don’t have these things but want to do Refocus, let us know and we will put you on the waiting list for when face-to-face groups re-start.
- We know that living with diabetes can often involve family and friends; you are welcome to have one person join you. You can have someone in your place if you cannot make it.
- You do not need to prepare anything before coming to the session. It can be helpful to bring any diabetes medications with you.
- If you are not going to use the place you have booked, please let us know so we can offer it to someone else. If you need to change your booking to another date, we will be happy to do that too.
West Dorset Diabetes Team
Contact us by email: email@example.com or Tel: 07766 801183
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.