The Jurassic PCN is passionate about helping people to make a difference in their lives, families and neighbourhoods. Lyme Regis Medical Practice, Bridport Medical Centre and Barton House Surgery all have Health Champions working as part of their extended practice teams. Our Health Champions also work closely with the Social Prescribing Service.
Health Champions are local people who care about the health of their community and those around them. They will champion health by raising awareness of good health practices, signposting people to local health services, and the community network to provide support to those who need that little extra support and make positive choices around health and well-being.
Our Health Champions volunteer as part of a team, providing quality face-to-face information and advice to a diverse range of people wherever they may be. Volunteers are integral to our service and enable us to have a presence in the heart of our communities.
- What do Health Champions do?
- Talk and engage with the community
- Encourage and support the public to improve their health and well-being
- Attend or set up local groups, events and health professional talks
- Identify unmet needs in the community and aim to fill these gaps in resource with local groups
- Accompany people to local groups to help them build confidence.
- Identify what is important to individuals
- Aim to improve the health and well-being of people living in our communities, particularly in those communities where health inequalities have been identified
- Signpost people to specialist, local and national services, such as bereavement groups, diabetes groups, fitness groups and mental health support groups.
- For more information on becoming a Health Champion in your practice, please see the ‘Volunteer for us’ page on our website.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.