Child and Family Health Advice
Your child’s growth and their ongoing development and health are important for you and your family.
- Healthier Together Website: Advice for parents, young people and pregnant women
- Dorset Child Health Information Service: Support GP practices, Health Visitors and all health professionals involved with the care of children between the ages of 0 – 19 within Dorset
- Children’s and Families Health Information: Improving health and wellbeing across Dorset, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole
- Core Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service Gateway: Service to help manage assessments and provide some brief lower level intervention for children and young people up to the age of 18 experiencing problems with their mental health.
- Kooth: Young people aged 11 – 18 who may need to talk to someone about their emotional health and wellbeing, a free service. It is online tool that is accessible from any mobile device.
- Childhood Health Checks: Appointments are sent out automatically by the local health authority for routine child health checks.
- Immunisations and when to have them: It's important that vaccines are given on time for the best protection, but if you or your child missed a vaccine, contact your GP to catch up.
- Booking your child's vaccination appointment: You'll usually be contacted by your GP surgery when your child is due for a routine vaccination. This could be a letter, text, phone call or email.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.